United Kingdom News
United Kingdom News
- Dec 16, 2022Lockheed Martin Awarded Contract to Provide UK Armed Forces with Advanced Uncrewed Aerial Systems and ServicesUK Ministry of Defence awards a 10-year contract to provide the British Army with uncrewed Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) services
- Oct 25, 2022Students from 13 schools across the North East of England take part in the latest Space Camp from Team Athena
- Jul 20, 2022Lockheed Martin and Northumbria University Join Forces to Support the Development of Space Skills, Research and Technology£630,000 investment to enhance science, technology, research and skills in the North East of England
- Jul 18, 2022Work at Shetland has begun for SaxaVord’s spaceport - Manufacturing of the Moog Small Launch Orbital Manoeuvring Vehicle (SL-OMVTM) that will dispense CubeSats is underway
- Jun 21, 2022Collaboration follows the UK Space Sector Skills and Supplier Summit in Newcastle earlier this year
- Jun 14, 2022In partnership with the National Space Academy, 120 students from 20 schools will join a week-long space camp.
- Mar 1, 2022Lockheed Martin Accelerates UK Space Strategy as it Eyes Up New Manufacturing Investment in North East England for its Growing UK Space Business.Opportunity for North East businesses to grow in new UK Space economy
- Feb 28, 2022All systems are go: Lockheed Martin welcomes approval from Shetland Islands Council for SaxaVord spaceport constructionNew spaceport to see UK’s first vertical space launch
- Jan 26, 2022British Army Contracts Lockheed Martin to Upgrade its Existing Command and Control Battlespace Management CapabilityThe LEAPP extension programme will see this critical capability continue its deployment through to 2029.
- Jan 12, 2022Space skills and supply chain summit on Tyneside aims to at stimulate interest in businesses and academia becoming involved in the UK space sector.