United Kingdom News
United Kingdom News
- Dec 16, 2022Lockheed Martin Awarded Contract to Provide UK Armed Forces with Advanced Uncrewed Aerial Systems and ServicesUK Ministry of Defence awards a 10-year contract to provide the British Army with uncrewed Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) services
- Oct 25, 2022Students from 13 schools across the North East of England take part in the latest Space Camp from Team Athena
- Jul 20, 2022Lockheed Martin and Northumbria University Join Forces to Support the Development of Space Skills, Research and Technology£630,000 investment to enhance science, technology, research and skills in the North East of England
- Jul 18, 2022Work at Shetland has begun for SaxaVord’s spaceport - Manufacturing of the Moog Small Launch Orbital Manoeuvring Vehicle (SL-OMVTM) that will dispense CubeSats is underway
- Jun 21, 2022Collaboration follows the UK Space Sector Skills and Supplier Summit in Newcastle earlier this year
- Jun 14, 2022In partnership with the National Space Academy, 120 students from 20 schools will join a week-long space camp.
- Mar 1, 2022Lockheed Martin Accelerates UK Space Strategy as it Eyes Up New Manufacturing Investment in North East England for its Growing UK Space Business.Opportunity for North East businesses to grow in new UK Space economy
- Feb 28, 2022All systems are go: Lockheed Martin welcomes approval from Shetland Islands Council for SaxaVord spaceport constructionNew spaceport to see UK’s first vertical space launch
- Jan 26, 2022British Army Contracts Lockheed Martin to Upgrade its Existing Command and Control Battlespace Management CapabilityThe LEAPP extension programme will see this critical capability continue its deployment through to 2029.
- Jan 12, 2022Space skills and supply chain summit on Tyneside aims to at stimulate interest in businesses and academia becoming involved in the UK space sector.
- Oct 7, 2021Lockheed Martin, ABL Space Systems and UK Space Agency conduct site visit ahead of UK’s first vertical satellite launchMarks an important step in achieving the ambitions of the new National Space Strategy
- Sep 20, 2021The programme has benefitted over 350 graduates in the past 10 years, with the company being ranked as one of the top places for graduates to work in the UK
- Jul 27, 2021The Gold Award represents the highest recognition for those that employ and support the Armed Forces community.
- Jul 14, 2021Two Young Engineers from Lockheed Martin’s Bedfordshire Based Business bring their Engineering Expertise and Passion for STEM to the F1 in Schools STEM Challenge Judging Panel
- Feb 8, 2021Lockheed Martin Selects ABL Space Systems Rocket to Power First UK Vertical Satellite Launch
- Feb 1, 2021Peter Ruddock CB CBE to retire after five years in post
- Nov 16, 2020Athena's roadmap to ensure UK space sector becomes world class
- Nov 11, 2020An engineering career opens up a world of opportunity
- Nov 10, 2020Upgrade of British Armoured Vehicle Capability could add £1 billion to UK economy and create thousands of jobsKPMG report looks at the potential benefits of a Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme production contract to the prosperity of the UK
- Nov 2, 2020Additional leave for military duty and training included in new pledge
- Oct 22, 2020Lockheed Martin to develop UK launch operations from Shetland Space Centre on the island of Unst
- Oct 12, 2020PhD students sponsored by UK Seabed Resources
- Oct 9, 2020Commended for extraordinary services to RAF Marham
- Aug 6, 2020Apprentice celebrates global win
- Jul 30, 2020The joint WCSP team successfully complete significant milestone of 59 Battlefield Missions – bringing the programme to the end of the first phase of trials.