United Kingdom News
United Kingdom News
- Feb 22, 2024You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work in the space industry.
- Feb 14, 2024UK Ministry of Defence Awards Lockheed Martin Contract to Develop a Flexible Satellite Mission Control SystemThe BEROE programme will help enable control of the country’s future ISTARI constellation
- Nov 22, 2023Northumbria University announces £50m space skills, research and development centre set to transform the UK space industryInvestments from Lockheed Martin, the UK Space Agency and Northumbria University forge pathway for NESST’s global prominence
- Sep 28, 2023Aim for the Stars! Lockheed Martin and Viasat to Launch Two New Space Camps in London and Sunderland90 students will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the discovery of space.
- Sep 13, 2023Lockheed Martin launches SMEUNITE® to attract small and medium enterprises from the UK into the defence sectorTechnical business network is the first of its kind in the UK
- Sep 12, 2023Proposal spells hundreds of high-tech jobs for UK workers and industry
- Mar 16, 2023Lockheed Martin and Northumbria University join forces to unlock the future of space-based solar power£150,000 investment in a project that aims to accelerate the delivery of space-based solar power.
- Dec 16, 2022Lockheed Martin Awarded Contract to Provide UK Armed Forces with Advanced Uncrewed Aerial Systems and ServicesUK Ministry of Defence awards a 10-year contract to provide the British Army with uncrewed Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) services
- Oct 25, 2022Students from 13 schools across the North East of England take part in the latest Space Camp from Team Athena
- Jul 20, 2022Lockheed Martin and Northumbria University Join Forces to Support the Development of Space Skills, Research and Technology£630,000 investment to enhance science, technology, research and skills in the North East of England
- Jul 18, 2022Work at Shetland has begun for SaxaVord’s spaceport - Manufacturing of the Moog Small Launch Orbital Manoeuvring Vehicle (SL-OMVTM) that will dispense CubeSats is underway
- Jun 21, 2022Collaboration follows the UK Space Sector Skills and Supplier Summit in Newcastle earlier this year
- Jun 14, 2022In partnership with the National Space Academy, 120 students from 20 schools will join a week-long space camp.
- Mar 1, 2022Lockheed Martin Accelerates UK Space Strategy as it Eyes Up New Manufacturing Investment in North East England for its Growing UK Space Business.Opportunity for North East businesses to grow in new UK Space economy
- Feb 28, 2022All systems are go: Lockheed Martin welcomes approval from Shetland Islands Council for SaxaVord spaceport constructionNew spaceport to see UK’s first vertical space launch
- Jan 26, 2022British Army Contracts Lockheed Martin to Upgrade its Existing Command and Control Battlespace Management CapabilityThe LEAPP extension programme will see this critical capability continue its deployment through to 2029.
- Jan 12, 2022Space skills and supply chain summit on Tyneside aims to at stimulate interest in businesses and academia becoming involved in the UK space sector.
- Oct 7, 2021Lockheed Martin, ABL Space Systems and UK Space Agency conduct site visit ahead of UK’s first vertical satellite launchMarks an important step in achieving the ambitions of the new National Space Strategy
- Sep 20, 2021The programme has benefitted over 350 graduates in the past 10 years, with the company being ranked as one of the top places for graduates to work in the UK
- Jul 27, 2021The Gold Award represents the highest recognition for those that employ and support the Armed Forces community.
- Jul 14, 2021Two Young Engineers from Lockheed Martin’s Bedfordshire Based Business bring their Engineering Expertise and Passion for STEM to the F1 in Schools STEM Challenge Judging Panel
- Feb 8, 2021Lockheed Martin Selects ABL Space Systems Rocket to Power First UK Vertical Satellite Launch
- Feb 1, 2021Peter Ruddock CB CBE to retire after five years in post
- Nov 16, 2020Athena's roadmap to ensure UK space sector becomes world class
- Nov 11, 2020An engineering career opens up a world of opportunity
- Nov 10, 2020Upgrade of British Armoured Vehicle Capability could add £1 billion to UK economy and create thousands of jobsKPMG report looks at the potential benefits of a Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme production contract to the prosperity of the UK
- Nov 2, 2020Additional leave for military duty and training included in new pledge
- Oct 22, 2020Lockheed Martin to develop UK launch operations from Shetland Space Centre on the island of Unst
- Oct 12, 2020PhD students sponsored by UK Seabed Resources
- Oct 9, 2020Commended for extraordinary services to RAF Marham
- Aug 6, 2020Apprentice celebrates global win
- Jul 30, 2020The joint WCSP team successfully complete significant milestone of 59 Battlefield Missions – bringing the programme to the end of the first phase of trials.
- Jul 16, 2020This year’s awards ceremony was postponed, but the company is still celebrating all the fantastic winners
- Jun 23, 2020Two engineers discuss their careers to mark International Women in Engineering Day 2020
- May 27, 2020How Lockheed Martin UK is meeting customers’ needs and supporting the UK and its allies.
- May 19, 2020Serco, Inmarsat, CGI UK and Lockheed Martin UK form ‘Athena’ to develop additional UK space capabilities, win new business and boost the British economy
Jul 31, 2019Providing over 3 years of support to the UK Tomahawk Weapons System
- Jul 18, 2018Lockheed Martin and ThalesRaytheonSystems Join Forces to Provide the NATO Alliance with Battlespace Intelligence SystemNATO countries soon to be protected by the development of an advanced territorial Ballistic Missile Defence to protect The Alliance's European populations and territories
- Jul 16, 2018Lockheed Martin To Help UK Space Agency Build First Commercial Spaceport; Launch First Orbital RocketFirst vertical launch from Scotland planned for the early 2020s.
- Jul 9, 2018Lockheed Martin Announces LM-100J Commercial Freighter Flying at 2018 Farnborough International AirshowCorporation also releases full details of its 2018 FIA media briefing schedule
- Jun 7, 201820 teams of school children from Gloucester took part in the Lockheed Martin ‘Adventures in Cyberland’ workshop during the Cheltenham Science Festival.
Jun 6, 2018First transformational 5th generation aircraft arrive for UK's Lightning Squadron