United Kingdom News
United Kingdom News
- Jun 21, 2022Collaboration follows the UK Space Sector Skills and Supplier Summit in Newcastle earlier this year
- Jun 14, 2022In partnership with the National Space Academy, 120 students from 20 schools will join a week-long space camp.
- Mar 1, 2022Lockheed Martin Accelerates UK Space Strategy as it Eyes Up New Manufacturing Investment in North East England for its Growing UK Space Business.Opportunity for North East businesses to grow in new UK Space economy
- Feb 28, 2022All systems are go: Lockheed Martin welcomes approval from Shetland Islands Council for SaxaVord spaceport constructionNew spaceport to see UK’s first vertical space launch
- Jan 26, 2022British Army Contracts Lockheed Martin to Upgrade its Existing Command and Control Battlespace Management CapabilityThe LEAPP extension programme will see this critical capability continue its deployment through to 2029.
- Jan 12, 2022Space skills and supply chain summit on Tyneside aims to at stimulate interest in businesses and academia becoming involved in the UK space sector.
- Oct 7, 2021Lockheed Martin, ABL Space Systems and UK Space Agency conduct site visit ahead of UK’s first vertical satellite launchMarks an important step in achieving the ambitions of the new National Space Strategy
- Sep 20, 2021The programme has benefitted over 350 graduates in the past 10 years, with the company being ranked as one of the top places for graduates to work in the UK
- Jul 27, 2021The Gold Award represents the highest recognition for those that employ and support the Armed Forces community.
- Jul 14, 2021Two Young Engineers from Lockheed Martin’s Bedfordshire Based Business bring their Engineering Expertise and Passion for STEM to the F1 in Schools STEM Challenge Judging Panel
- Feb 8, 2021Lockheed Martin Selects ABL Space Systems Rocket to Power First UK Vertical Satellite Launch
- Feb 1, 2021Peter Ruddock CB CBE to retire after five years in post
- Nov 16, 2020Athena's roadmap to ensure UK space sector becomes world class
- Nov 11, 2020An engineering career opens up a world of opportunity
- Nov 10, 2020Upgrade of British Armoured Vehicle Capability could add £1 billion to UK economy and create thousands of jobsKPMG report looks at the potential benefits of a Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme production contract to the prosperity of the UK
- Nov 2, 2020Additional leave for military duty and training included in new pledge
- Oct 22, 2020Lockheed Martin to develop UK launch operations from Shetland Space Centre on the island of Unst
- Oct 12, 2020PhD students sponsored by UK Seabed Resources
- Oct 9, 2020Commended for extraordinary services to RAF Marham
- Aug 6, 2020Apprentice celebrates global win
- Jul 30, 2020The joint WCSP team successfully complete significant milestone of 59 Battlefield Missions – bringing the programme to the end of the first phase of trials.
- Jul 16, 2020This year’s awards ceremony was postponed, but the company is still celebrating all the fantastic winners
- Jun 23, 2020Two engineers discuss their careers to mark International Women in Engineering Day 2020
- May 27, 2020How Lockheed Martin UK is meeting customers’ needs and supporting the UK and its allies.
- May 19, 2020Serco, Inmarsat, CGI UK and Lockheed Martin UK form ‘Athena’ to develop additional UK space capabilities, win new business and boost the British economy
Jul 31, 2019Providing over 3 years of support to the UK Tomahawk Weapons System
- Jul 18, 2018Lockheed Martin and ThalesRaytheonSystems Join Forces to Provide the NATO Alliance with Battlespace Intelligence SystemNATO countries soon to be protected by the development of an advanced territorial Ballistic Missile Defence to protect The Alliance's European populations and territories
- Jul 16, 2018Lockheed Martin To Help UK Space Agency Build First Commercial Spaceport; Launch First Orbital RocketFirst vertical launch from Scotland planned for the early 2020s.
- Jul 9, 2018Lockheed Martin Announces LM-100J Commercial Freighter Flying at 2018 Farnborough International AirshowCorporation also releases full details of its 2018 FIA media briefing schedule
- Jun 7, 201820 teams of school children from Gloucester took part in the Lockheed Martin ‘Adventures in Cyberland’ workshop during the Cheltenham Science Festival.
Jun 6, 2018First transformational 5th generation aircraft arrive for UK's Lightning Squadron
- Jan 9, 2018
- Dec 12, 2017
- Jul 14, 2017Mission to Mars: Lockheed Martin & Discovery Education Launch Space Challenge & Stem Education Programme For UK SchoolsAs the first manned mission to Mars draws nearer, UK students are being offered a unique opportunity to join the race to the red planet- by designing a space habitation module for NASA.
- Jan 16, 2017
Sep 7, 2016Further strengthening of Lockheed Martin’s long-term commitment to Poland
- Jul 15, 2016
May 17, 2016
- Apr 7, 2016
- Mar 18, 2016
- Feb 29, 2016Dr Craig Wrigley to provide industrial viewpoint on Quantum Systems Engineering
- Feb 11, 2016
Jan 28, 2016
Jan 26, 2016Transaction Anticipated to Unlock $5 billion in Value for Lockheed Martin Stockholders - Lockheed Martin to receive one-time special cash payment of $1.8 billion - Lockheed Martin stockholders to receive 50.5 percent equity in Leidos, worth approximately $3.2 billion - Transaction is highly complementary to strategic objectives of both corporations with substantial synergies and potential to enhance value for both sets of stockholders - Tax-efficient Reverse Morris Trust transaction completes portfolio reshaping efforts announced July 2015
- Nov 18, 2015
Nov 12, 2015
- Sep 18, 2015
- Sep 15, 2015
- Sep 1, 2015New-generation system will consolidate image collection and analysis capability for UK.
- May 19, 2015
- Apr 20, 2015
- Mar 19, 2015
- Feb 11, 2015
- Jan 16, 2015Joint Initiative Accelerates Development and Adoption of Mature Technologies